Accreditation is an endorsement of a validation/verification body’s independence, integrity and technical competence. Most importantly, accreditation provides a validation/verification body (V/VB) with a trust mark and confidence to offer its services nationally and globally.
About the Schemes
Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation
The Accreditation Scheme for Greenhouse Gas Validation & Verification Body was launched on 24 August 2018 for organisations providing third-party validation/verification services for the reduction and removal of greenhouse gases (GHG). This new accreditation scheme was developed in response to the increasing demand for sustainability and to support the aviation industry for the Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) initiated by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). CORSIA is a global voluntary market-based measure scheme to address any annual increase in total CO2 emissions from international civil aviation.
SAC accredits V/VBs that can demonstrate compliance with the following requirements:
- ISO 14065 Greenhouse Gases - Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition
- ISO 14066 Greenhouse Gases - Competence requirements for Greenhouse gas validation reams and verification teams
- ISO 14064-3 Greenhouse Gases - Part 3: Specification with Guidance for the validation and verification of Greenhouse gas assertions
- IAF MD 6: IAF Mandatory Document for the application of ISO 14065:2013
- Increase confidence: Widely recognised by regulators and the industry, SAC accredited certificates instil greater confidence in those who choose to engage the services of SAC accredited V/VBs.
Upon receiving the application for accreditation, qualified assessors are assigned to assess the system of operations of the V/VBs and the competence of the validators/verifiers. This will be carried out through a document review, assessments at the V/VB’s office as well as on-site witnessed assessments of validation/ verification - all conducted by the V/VB. When the V/VB has demonstrated compliance with our requirements, it will be recommended for accreditation. One approved, SAC will grant a certificate or accreditation. The detailed description of the type of assessments is stipulated in CT 01, Accreditation Process.
The detailed description of the accreditation process can be seen below: