SAC is the national accreditation body in Singapore. It operates a range of accreditation programmes that provide independent assessment and formal recognition of the competence of companies in performing specific type of testing, calibration, inspection, certification and other related activities.
The accreditation criteria for determining the competence of companies are based on the relevant international standard (eg. ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 15189, ISO/IEC 17020, ISO/IEC 17021-1, ISO/IEC 17024, ISO/IEC 17065, ISO/IEC 17043).
SAC will develop new services from time to time to meet the needs of our industry. The current accreditation schemes offered by SAC are:
- Accreditation Scheme for Laboratories (SAC-SINGLAS)
- Accreditation Scheme for Inspection Bodies
- Accreditation Scheme for Management Systems Certification Bodies
- Accreditation Scheme for Product Certification Bodies
- Accreditation Scheme for Proficiency Testing Provider
- Accreditation Scheme for Personnel Certification Bodies